Sunday, August 24, 2008

Organizing Checkup: One Year Later

I wanted to share with you an update on a project I took on a year ago - a bedroom for a teenage boy. (Click here for the original story.)

I was curious to hear whether or not the systems I put in place stood the test of time, so I checked in to hear the latest.

"Here are those pictures I've been promising you - Tim's room one year later. It was actually really easy to clean. He purged some clothes that didn't fit anymore and some school papers from last year. All the organization areas you helped him set up were all still working fine. This past year, he had acquired a lot of sheet music that he had loose around his room, and he grabbed an extra magazine rack (you had given him extras last year) to keep all the music together (totally his idea)! We did some heavy cleaning, added some new linens, and he is all set for the new school year!"
Not too shabby! Cheers to Tim, and let's hope this school year is his best yet. The real test would be a "sneak peek" when he's not expecting an inspection...we'll have to see what we can do.

No comments: