Tuesday, August 12, 2008

$20 Credit from DIRECTV for paperless billing


The BB and I just signed up for DIRECTV (for the NFL Sunday Ticket, of course), and just for signing up for paperless billing, we've been given a $20 credit on a future bill. Not a bad incentive for something that I love to do anyway! I think more companies should be looking at creative ways to encourage people to step up and go paperless. It's good for the environment, AND it's easier to stay organized without a mountain of paper.

PS: Go Pats!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I always want to sign up for this with my bank, but then being from the "Old School" I think what if my computer breaks, maybe I need a hard copy of a bank statement. Is there any truth to this for bank statements or regular monthly bills?

FunctionalPlaces said...

Great question, especially given your recent computer issues! The important thing first and foremost is to back up the data on your computer regularly. Use an external hard drive, or a service like carbonite.com to make a backup of your files in case of a computer crash.

Also, most bank statements and other utilities are available via the web, so if you needed to access a statement, you could do that from any computer. Or, in a pinch, they will always send you hard copies on request.