But, if you are in the midst of a big cleanout of your files or getting rid of paper back-log, the task of shredding can be overwhelming.
There are many shredding services available that will do shredding on-site at your home or office, or offer drop-off services. Here's a list of some Boston-area shredding resources. This was developed by a fellow professional organizer and distributed/shared through our NAPO-New England email list.
- Mansfield Shredding Service (174 N. Main St., Mansfield, MA, 02048, 508 618-4222, Mon - Sat 9 - 3) is a non-profit storefront that charges $4-$5/box to benefit children with special needs.
- Northeast Data Destruction will pick up papers to be shred and take them away (shredding is done at their facility) for a base price of $62 plus $5/box. Or, drop-off shredding services start at $75.
- Shred-It in Woburn: 781-937-0888. Has on-site shredding at their facility for $150 for up to 10 boxes. On-site shredding is more expensive, starting at $350.
- Shred King does on-site residential shredding in the Boston area. They are based out of Quincy. Fees start at $85 for 1-10 boxes.
- ProShred has many upcoming community shredding events in the western part of the state.