Thursday, March 12, 2009

Great Products: Miche Handbags


I'm a sucker for product commercials on TV. In fact, I'm pretty sure Billy Mays could sell me anything. So a few weeks ago, when I saw the spot for Miche handbags, my inner voice said "Don't do it! You don't NEED a new handbag. They're probably not great quality..." You get the idea. But before I knew it, my Amex card was out and I was completing my online order.

It took a few weeks for the shipment to arrive, and during the "cooling down" period, I'd pretty much prepared myself for disappointment. But I can honestly say, I'm thrilled.

What won me over the most about the Miche bag is that it's a very streamlined way to have many different handbag styles without needing all of the storage. The concept is this: you buy one bag and it comes with various "shells" in cute designs, that attach to your bag with credit card-safe magnets. No more swapping out the contents of your purse or stuffing out of season bags on the top shelf of your closet. My Miche also came with a hanging organizer, in which I can store the folded/flat shells. Now I can swap out the shell and have a new look, and the bag comes with two strap lengths for added flexibility.

I expected not-so-great quality, but the bag itself is cute and the shells attach easily and look great. There are a few good compartments inside the handbag itself, too. Two thumbs up!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Can you post a picture of the one you got?

FunctionalPlaces said...

Hi Kerry,

I revised the picture to show the bag I got with one of the shells. My order came with 4 shells total, and you can bet I'll be adding to those over time!

Anonymous said...

Oh!! It's nice!! Love to collect different kinds of stylish handbags!! Thanks for the information!!